Click on the ingredients below to see how Matrix SCS™ can help you.
Quatrefolic® is a registered trademark of Gnosis S.p.A. and is protected by U.S. patent No. 7,947,662.
Vitamin C plays a crucial role in maintaining healthy connective tissues including collagen, elastin, fibronectin, proteoglycans, bone matrix and elastin-associated fibrillin. Also, a lack of vitamin C can cause general fatigue
Vitamin C helps support cardiovascular health in a few different ways. It assists in promoting normal levels of cholesterol and normal blood pressure and promotes normal platelet activity. It also promotes healthy triglyceride levels. Vitamin C protects against LDL peroxidation by scavenging free radicals. Vitamin C helps maintain endothelial cell function by promoting the synthesis of nitric oxide (also known as NO and EDRF for endothelium-derived relaxing factor).*
Vitamin D plays an important role in bone health, heart health and immune support.
- Promotes healthy arteries
- Supports immune health
- Helps maintain bone health
- Helps maintain bone mass by supporting normal osteoclast activity
- Promotes elasticity of blood vessels Helps maintain normal blood pressure
- Helps maintain cardiovascular health
Vitamin K2: 45 mcg
Vitamin K is a fat-soluble vitamin found meat, eggs, dairy and natto. Although a fat-soluble vitamin, the body stores very little K2, and its stores are rapidly depleted without regular dietary intake. Vitamin K2 promotes the synthesis of proteins involved with calcium utilization, thereby supporting bone retention and arterial health. This helps to ensure that calcium is deposited in the correct place, your bones not your arteries.
- Folate [as (6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolic acid, glucosamine salt, Quatrefolic®] (432 mcg)
Folic acid plays a key role by boosting the benefits of B12 supplementation. These two B vitamins join forces and work together in maintaining normal red blood cells. Folic acid assists in the normal utilization of amino acids and proteins, as well as supporting the construction of the material for DNA and RNA synthesis, which is necessary for all bodily functions. Scientific studies have found that when working in tandem with folic acid, B12 is capable of promoting normal homocysteine levels. This works toward supporting a healthy cardiovascular and nervous system.*
Folic acid must go through conversion into 5-methyltetrahydrofolate (5-MTHF) – the active form of folate – before it becomes metabolically active for the body to use. The enzyme methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) assists in that process. However, some people have a genetic variation where their bodies do not adequately produce MTHFR.*
Quatrefolic® is the glucosamine salt of (6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolate and is structurally analogous to the reduced and active form of folic acid. Because this form is naturally present in the body, it is much more bioavailable for its biological action without having to be metabolized in the body. Quatrefolic® is a registered trademark of Gnosis S.p.A. and is protected by U.S. patent No. 7,947,662.
- Thiamin (as thiamin HCI) promotes normal carbohydrate metabolism and nerve function. Thiamin is required for a healthy nervous system, and supports the production of certain neurotransmitters which have an important role in muscle function. It supports the digestive process, increases energy and helps promote mental clarity.
- Niacin (as niacinamide) is a water-soluble vitamin necessary for many aspects of health, growth and reproduction. Niacin supports the proper functioning of the digestive system, skin and nerves. It promotes the conversion of food to energy. Niacin is found in dairy products, poultry, fish, lean meats, nuts, eggs, legumes, and enriched breads and cereals.
- Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxal 5-phosphate) is a co-factor required for protein and amino acid metabolism, and helps maintain proper fluid balance. It also assists in the maintenance of healthy red and white blood cells, which keeps our body healthy. Vitamin B6 promotes normal hemoglobin synthesis (hemoglobin is the protein portion of red blood cells which carries oxygen throughout the body). Vitamin B6, when taken with folic acid, has been shown to help maintain normal plasma levels of homocysteine, which promotes optimal cardiovascular health.
- Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin) supports the maintenance of cells, especially those of the nervous system, bone marrow and intestinal tract. It is important in homocysteine metabolism (homocysteine is an amino acid that is formed within the body). Normal homocysteine levels are important for maintaining cardiovascular health. Deficiencies of the vitamins folic acid, pyridoxine (B6) or cobalamin (B12) can result in elevated levels of homocysteine. Methylcobalamin is one of the naturally-occurring forms of vitamin B12 found in the human body. The liver must convert cyanocobalamin, the form of B12 most commonly used in supplements, into methylcobalamin, before it can be properly utilized by the body; methylcobalamin is more effective than non-active forms of vitamin B12. Methylcobalamin also assists in the formation of SAMe (S-adenosylmethionine), a nutrient that has powerful mood-elevating properties.
- Biotin is a coenzyme and a B vitamin. It is also known as vitamin H. As a supplement, biotin is sometimes used for diabetes, brittle nails, and other conditions. Biotin plays a key role in the body. It supports the health of the skin, nerves, digestive tract, metabolism, and cells. It supports the citric acid cycle, which is the process in which energy is generated during exercise. Biotin may also help to treat some types of nerve pathology, such as the peripheral neuropathy that can result from kidney failure or diabetes.
- Pantothenic acid (as D-calcium pantothenate) is a vitamin, also known as vitamin B5. It is widely found in both plants and animals including meat, vegetables, cereal grains, legumes, eggs, and milk. . Pantothenic acid is also known as the anti-stress vitamin because it helps relieve physical and emotional stress, and promotes the secretion of hormones essential for optimal health. Pantothenic acid is important for our bodies to properly use carbohydrates, proteins, and lipids and for healthy skin.
Vegetarian Glucosamine sulfate 2KCl and Glucosamine HCl (GreenGrown®) exists as a component of mucoproteins and mucopolysaccharides in all human tissues and is found in especially high concentrations in cartilage. Glucosamine provides the building block for the O-linked and N-linked glycosaminoglycans that comprise the matrix of the connective tissues in the body. Comparative cell culture studies have shown that Glucosamine base, Glucosamine hydrochloride, as well as Glucosamine sulfate are equally active. Glucosamine has been investigated for its ability to modify underlying cartilaginous degeneration in joints, and therefore to potentially provide relief in osteoarthritis.
The majority of studies have demonstrated the ability of Glucosamine to alleviate osteoarthritic symptoms with equal or even superior effect to the nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such as ibuprofen .
Additionally, less negative side effects have been reported compared to NSAIDs. Studies also demonstrated that Glucosamine stimulates the synthesis of glycosaminoglycan, proteoglycan, and hyaluronic acid. Thus, Glucosamine has shown chondroprotective activity to both slow the progression of, and even correct some structural abnormalities associated with osteoarthritis.
Hyaluronic acid sodium plays an important role in tissue hydration, lubrication and cellular function. It is produced naturally by the body, but the level of hyaluronic acid diminishes with age, contributing to joint discomfort. It is a key component of cartilage, and is important for skin, joint and eye health. It has been shown to help maintain strong, healthy cartilage. Hyaluronic acid may also enhance synovial fluid production and promote normal healing.
Resveratrol (resVidaTM) Resveratrol is a polyphenolic compound naturally found in peanuts, grapes, red wine, and some berries. In randomized controlled trials, short-term supplementation with resveratrol significantly improved glucose and lipid metabolic disorders in patients with type 2 diabetes. Resveratrol works to maintain cell health, promote normal cell cycle activity, promote apoptosis (programmed cell death) in unhealthy cells, support the normal activity of the SIRT-1 gene, and promote cardiovascular health, by promoting healthy platelet activity, promoting vasorelaxation, and providing antioxidant protection of LDL particles. Studies of numerous species have shown that a reduction in calories has been linked to a longer lifespan. The SIRT-1 gene activates a critical component of calorie restriction in mammals and promotes fat metabolization. There is evidence that resveratrol may be a calorie restriction mimetic, a compound that mimics the effects of calorie restriction by targeting metabolic and stress response pathways affected by calorie restriction, but without restricting caloric intake, which may be helpful in promoting a longer lifespan.
Black pepper fruit extract (BioPerine®) increases blood supply to our gut, increases the emulsifying or digestive content of our gut and in turn, increases the active nutrient transport ability of our digestive system.
Milk Thistle: 50 mg
Milk Thistle is used to promote liver health. It contains some of the most potent liver-supporting substances known. Protects against free radicals by acting as an antioxidant, protecting the liver and supports the normal production of new liver cells.
Green Tea Extract: 300 mg
Green Tea Extract is a health-promoting antioxidant. It is rich in polyphenols that have been shown to promote health. Green tea contains antioxidants called epigallocatechins-that protect the liver from damage due to alcohol. Not only do these antioxidants counter oxidative stress that compromise liver function, they help speed detoxification of alcoholic compounds from the body.
Curcumin is a natural extract from the spice turmeric. Turmeric is derived from the plant Curcuma Longa, a member of the ginger family. Curcumin is employed mostly as an antioxidant; though it was traditionally used to promote stomach and joint comfort. The immune-balancing activity of curcumin has been demonstrated through multiple mechanisms to support normal COX-2 and NF-KappaB levels in the body. The neuroprotective properties of curcumin are among the most studied. Curcumin has been designated as a strong candidate for the promotion of neurological health and cognitive function. Curcumin can cross the blood-brain barrier and support the normal uptake of amyloid-beta in the brain. Several studies suggest that it might ease symptoms of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis, like pain and inflammation.
- Protects neurons from the negative effects of free radicals
- Powerful antioxidant
- Protects the body from the negative effects of free radicals
- Promotes free-radical protection
- Promotes a strong immune system
- Supports joint health
- Supports relief from temporary inflammation associated with the normal aging process and daily activity
- Promotes normal activity of NF-KappaB